Oak Bay Marine Group
Since 1962, the Oak Bay Marine Group (OBMG) has been a leader in the hospitality and marine tourism industry. Our core business is operating four marinas on Vancouver Island. OBMG also owns and operates two restaurants on Vancouver Island, a boutique resort in the Bahamas and a Ripley’s Believe it or Not! franchise in Newport, Oregon.
At OBMG everything we do starts with our purpose “Providing unforgettable experiences on the ocean” and our Core Values: Passion for Service, Enthusiastic Teamwork, Dedication to Greatness, Respect for Crew, Community and the Ocean; our purpose and core values are the foundation of our culture. OBMG’s commitment to crew, community and the ocean is evidenced by the installation of Western Canada’s first Seabin at our marinas, marine eco-certification under Georgia Strait Alliance’s Clean Marine BC, and operation of a 100% Ocean Wise Seafood restaurant. OBMG’s commitment to community touches many organizations, including the Pacific Salmon Foundation, Ocean Wise, University of Victoria’s Ocean, Earth & Atmospheric Science programs, Power to Be and Royal Canadian Search & Rescue, to name a few. Our commitment to our Crew is evidenced by our recent award of being named 2022 Boating Industry of Canada Employer of Choice.
In our Community
- Mustard Seed – Victoria Food Bank
- Pacific Salmon Foundation
- Pearson College – Renew & Refound Campaign
- Power to Be – Annual Power To Summit
- United Way Southern Vancouver Island – Golf Tournament
- University of Victoria’s Ocean, Earth & Atmospheric Science programs
- Saanich Peninsula Lions Food Bank
- Loaves & Fishes Food Bank
- Goldstream Food Bank
- Our Place Society
- Songhees Nation South Island Powwow
- Ocean Wise Seafood